- Scientific Motivation
- Towards CIDER-II
- 2009 CIDER Overview slides
- CIDER Lecture Collection
- CIDER Program Evaluations
- 2017 Summer Program "Subduction zone structure and dynamics" - June 26- July 21, 2017, U.C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2016 Summer Program "Flow in the deep Earth" - June 27- Aug 5, 2016, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate --- Mantle Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere, U. C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2014 Summer Program "Dynamics of planetary interiors" June 22 - Aug 2, 2014, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2013 Summer Program "From mantle to crust: continental formation and destruction" July 1 - August 2, 2013, University of California, Berkeley (CA)
- 2012 Summer Program "Deep Time: How did early Earth become our modern world?" July 1 - August 10, 2012, KITP, Santa Barbara (CA)
CIDER-II is funded as a "Synthesis Center" by the | Frontiers of Earth Systems Dynamics(FESD) program of NSF under grant number EAR-1135452.
Please acknowledge the CIDER program and this grant in any publication resulting from or inspired by CIDER
CIDER wikipedia-like pages
- We sollicit proposals from research groups formed at CIDER 2016 summer program in Santa Barbara. Deadine is **August 31st, 2016**. The call for proposals can be found | here
- CIDER 2016 "pre AGU workshop" will take place on Sunday December 11th, 2016, at UC Berkeley: see the [workshop page] . Registration is required. Deadline is November 13th, 2016.
- 2017 CIDER summer program will be held at U.C. Berkeley, on the theme "Subduction zone structure and dynamics" - the lead organizer is Doug Wiens - dates are: June 20- July 21st, 2017, see more information on the 2017 CIDER program webpage.
CIDER Working Groups
- Report on 2015 CIDER working group meeting on Dynamic Topography, held in Boulder CO, April 6-7, 2015
- Publications Inspired by or resulting from CIDER
- CIDER Bibliography, papers related to CIDER topics (not quite up to date).
- Documents past meeting slides and research topics
For more photos see individual Summer Program pages
For questions/suggestions please email us.