- Scientific Motivation
- Towards CIDER-II
- 2009 CIDER Overview slides
- CIDER Lecture Collection
- 2016 Summer Program "Flow in the deep Earth" - JUne 27- Aug 5, 2016, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate --- Mantle Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere
- 2014 Summer Program "Dynamics of planetary interiors" June 22 - Aug 2, 2014, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2013 Summer Program "From mantle to crust: continental formation and destruction" July 1 - August 2, 2013, University of California, Berkeley (CA)
- 2012 Summer Program "Deep Time: How did early Earth become our modern world?" July 1 - August 10, 2012, KITP, Santa Barbara (CA)
CIDER will be holding a community workshop at the Marconi Center, Point Reyes (CA), from May 5 to May 8, 2016. This workshop is intended to prepare for writing the NSF proposal for support of CIDER beyond 2017. Application deadline: Feb 1, 2016. See workshop webpage
CIDER is seeking candidates for a post-doctoral position to assist the PI in managing CIDER activities and enhancing the visibility of its products while conducting independent research. See the details in the job ad
CIDER Working Groups
- Report on 2015 CIDER working group meeting on "Dynamic Topography", held in Boulder CO, April 6-7, 2015
- [[CIDER 2015 "pre AGU workshop" will take place on sunday December 13th, 2015, at UC Berkeley: see the workshop page ]]
- A CIDER community workshop will take place May 5-8, 2016 at the Marconi Center, near Point Reyes, CA, to review CIDER accomplishments and start preparing for the future of CIDER, beyond the current funding cycle (i.e. beyond 2017) . Application is open at the workshop website. Deadline: February 1, 2016. Support for participants is available upon request. Space is limited to 100.
- 2016 CIDER summer program will take place at KITP, UC Santa Barbara, on the theme "Flow in the Deep Earth" - the lead organizer is Michael Manga - dates are: June 27- August 5, see more information on the 2016 CIDER program webpage. Application is now open, deadline: February 1, 2016.
- Publications Inspired by CIDER Workshop
- CIDER Bibliography, where you find CIDER related publications (not quite up to date).
- Documents past meeting slides and research topics
For questions/suggestions please email us.