- Scientific Motivation
- Towards CIDER-II
- 2009 CIDER Overview slides
- CIDER Lecture Collection
- CIDER Program Evaluations
- 2018 Summer Program "Relating geochemical and geophysical heterogeneity in the Earth" - July 9th - August 3rd, 2018, U.C. Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2017 Summer Program "Subduction zone structure and dynamics" - June 26- July 21, 2017, U.C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2016 Summer Program "Flow in the deep Earth" - June 27- Aug 5, 2016, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2015 Summer Program "Solid Earth Dynamics and Climate --- Mantle Interactions with the Hydrosphere & Carbosphere, U. C. Berkeley (CA)
- 2014 Summer Program "Dynamics of planetary interiors" June 22 - Aug 2, 2014, KITP, UC Santa Barbara (CA)
- 2013 Summer Program "From mantle to crust: continental formation and destruction" July 1 - August 2, 2013, University of California, Berkeley (CA)
- 2012 Summer Program "Deep Time: How did early Earth become our modern world?" July 1 - August 10, 2012, KITP, Santa Barbara (CA)
CIDER-II is funded as a "Synthesis Center" by the | Frontiers of Earth Systems Dynamics(FESD) program of NSF under grant number EAR-1135452.
Please acknowledge the CIDER program and this grant in any publication resulting from or inspired by CIDER
CIDER wikipedia-like pages
- CIDER 2017 "pre AGU workshop" will take place on Sunday December 10th, 2017, in New Orleans: see the [workshop page] . Registration is required. Deadline is November X th, 2017.
- 2018 CIDER summer program will be held at U.C. Santa Barbara, on the theme "Relating geochemical and geophysical heterogeneity in the Earth" - led by Ved Lekic, Kanani Li, Carolina Lithgow Bertelloni, and Sujoy Mukhopadhyay, with Bruce Buffett - dates are: June X - July X st, 2018, see more information on the 2018 CIDER program webpage.
CIDER Working Groups
- Report on 2015 CIDER working group meeting on Dynamic Topography, held in Boulder CO, April 6-7, 2015
- Publications Inspired by or resulting from CIDER
- CIDER Bibliography, papers related to CIDER topics (not quite up to date).
- Documents past meeting slides and research topics
For more photos see individual Summer Program pages
For questions/suggestions please email us.